Get together with other sewists and learn to make a simple summer skirt! This is a beginner class, but all levels are welcome if you’re just wanting to get some sewcial time in! Learn to sew french seams, hem a skirt, and insert an elastic. Basic knowledge of your sewing machine is required.
- Tuesday, June 26 2018, 7-9:30pm
- Saturday, July 14 2018, 9:30am-noon
- Thursday, Aug 9 2018, 6-9pm
- sewing machine
- 1.5 metres of woven dress-weight fabric (2 metres for a long skirt), washed, dried, and pressed — please message us if you’re not sure what kind to bring!
- seam ripper
- 5/8″ to 1.5″ wide elastic
- measuring tape
Location is Five Arrows Farms, 1005 Union Rd, Union Road